For the third consecutive year, Geprom presented its novelties for the digitization of the industry at the Advanced Factories 2020 fair, which took place on March 3-5 at the CCIB (Barcelona). On this occasion, more than 17,000 visitors were able to see first-hand the latest solutions and systems for the Smart Factory.
For three days, Barcelona became the epicentre of industrial innovation, thanks to the more than 650 solutions in automation, robotics, digital twin, industrial software, artificial intelligence, additive manufacturing, artificial vision and virtual reality presented by the more than 350 exhibiting companies.
Geprom participated one more year showing all their latest solutions and innovation focuses, among which stood out:
- Monitoring and control of production in real time: development and integration of MES / MOM / SCADA / WMS platforms in the most demanding industrial sectors.
To represent the potential of monitoring at the event, Geprom presented a demo model, under the motto “Lego Smart Factory“, developed together with the Club de Robótica CortoCircuito. The goal of the collaboration is to promote and introduce the children, between 6 and 16 years old, into the exciting world of science, technology and industry 4.0. The Lego model allows us to show a small-scale production process and allows us to visualize Industry 4.0 in a simple and interactive way. The data is captured through a Siemens PLC and sensors located in the process, and through our MES system Legato Sapient we monitor and control in real time everything that is happening in the process (faults, alarms, incidents, efficiencies, etc.). All this data can be visualized through a customizable and editable reporting.
- Advanced process automation: focusing on success stories of integration of turnkey production systems that include electrical engineering and design, automaton programming, electrical installations, artificial vision and commissioning of first-class industrial facilities.
- Simulation of process flows (digital twin): the main task is to work in the union between the physical and virtual world through the capture and simulation of data and assets with the aim of improving the efficiency of new investments, without altering the actual production process.
- Quality and traceability of production: implementation of quality and traceability software to guarantee compliance and optimal conditions of processes and products.
- Digitalization and elimination of paper: using RFID and NFC technologies, maintenance checklist forms, digital whiteboards and other applications that allow to eliminate paper from the factory and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Talent and culture 4.0: participation and integration of the human team to guarantee the success of Industry 4.0, inspiring society and young people to become part of the fourth industrial revolution.
As a new product, Geprom presented its GeTag solution, a CMMS software for asset digitization and global maintenance management. The purpose of this new tool is to centralize operations and their platforms, assets and equipment in a tool that allows managing and optimizing maintenance processes.
Within the Advanced Factories conference cycles, Dario Cesena, CEO of Geprom, gave a presentation on the importance of the veracity of the data for decision-making in real time.
From Geprom we want to thank all our partners for their support and all the people who came to the stand to learn about the challenges and opportunities posed by the industry of the future. Advanced Factories is already preparing its next edition for April 20-22, 2021.