Production planning and sequencing (PPS) is a tool that helps to create and implement reliable production schedules and allows for optimal management of raw materials and capacity to meet demand.
MOM systems offer a comprehensive and generic view of the manufacturing processes in the different areas of the company, from goods receipt to the final product. The MOM platforms are:
- Planning (APS) i (SCM)
- Production (DCS), (SCADA) and (MES)
- Quality Management System (QMS)
- Logistics (WMS)
- Maintenance (CMMS)
APS systems are part of the MOM environment and are key to Industry 4.0.
The software APS (Advanced Planning Scheduling) is the system that manages production planning in real time and allows for a flexible and scalable production model, avoiding stock-outs and delays that affect production and customer delivery times.
One of the keys to the APS system is the ability to ensure that production capacity and demand forecasting go hand in hand in production plans, in the short, medium and long term.
The APS system provides a method of identifying production orders that are required in production and ensures a proper balance between production processes and raw materials. It is an essential solution for supply chain management. The main benefits of PHC are:
- Increased agility and speed of reaction to unforeseen changes in the production and supply chain thanks to the rapid simulation and creation of production schedules and plans.
- Estimation of short, medium and long term production and rapid response to unforeseen events to meet delivery deadlines.
- Know in advance whether it is possible to meet the delivery time with the current capacity.
- Reduced investment in inventory.
- Reducing the total cost of production by boosting efficiency.
- Increased capacity to optimise processes and resources thanks to exhaustive knowledge of real production capacity.
- Standardisation of the planning flow.